My question involves real estate located in the State of: Florida
What are my options for having another real estate agent from the same broker handle my closing if I am uncomfortable with my current agent? I do not want to object to him receiving his commission but his behavior is erratic and slightly disturbing and I just no longer want to interact with him.
To give a background, my realtor told me via email that his broker's title company could not complete my title search in time for my closing date and we would most likely need an extension. We had already requested two extensions and were having a difficult time with the sellers with them threatening to put the home back on the market. Instead of requesting a third extension and based on the fact that he could not provide me with a breakdown of the costs, I told him I would find another title company and he agreed. About an hour later, I gave him the information of the new title company and he prepared an addendum to list the new company on the contract.
The issue is that he failed to inform the previous title company that I would not be using them until two weeks after the decision. By that time, they had already done the work and then he asked me to pay both title companies. The issue is well documented via email e.g. I have an email from him sent to my new title company where he says "My broker's title company was just holding the escrow. My client did not officially choose to use our title company and decided to go with yours to keep the closing date."
Now, he is vehemently denying all of this and completely misrepresenting the day this even occurred (despite it being in writing). When he started denying the events, I sent an email requesting that all further communication be done in writing. After my request, he sent me an email calling me "emotionally and mentally distressed" and accused me of trying to sabotage myself. I replied via email to say I would be sending his email to the National Association of Realtor's and from there it got even uglier. He then sent another email calling me a long list of names and said my mortgage broker thought I was a vile and disgusting human being. Then, in the final paragraph, he said he was "unsure why I was offended" and then apologized. He also went on my social media profiles.
I know for a fact that he has a lot occurring in his personal life. At the beginning of the transaction, we were unable to sign the contract on the intended date due to his license being suspended for non-payment of child support. His most current email to me indicates that he is not in the best of mental health as he has threatened to contact my employer despite the fact that he is entirely wrong here. I contacted the previous title company, explained that I have the entire situation documented in writing and they are not holding me liable for the charges. It is likely it will be taken from his commission.
The issue with the title company is just one on a laundry list of problems I've had with him since the beginning. He's made several derogatory comments throughout the process about me being a single woman and buying a house by myself. He has also accused the seller's realtor of trying to cut him out of the deal, despite there being zero evidence of this. She pointed out that he made several errors on the contract and asked him to fix them before the seller signed and he blew up at her, left her a nasty voicemail and sent her an email calling her the same type of names that he did to me. At this point, I am a bit scared to even contact his broker because I am fearful of what he might do. The email he sent has all the signals of a deranged and delusional person even though he did not explicitly state that he would cause me bodily harm. Do I have any options here?