Moving, buying and selling can be stressful, so keeping organized is a crucial step in making the process more manageable.
1. The biggest item of all is buying or selling a house, or both. Chris and Kim Knox can help with that. 541-840-3804.
2. Get rid of items you will not be moving. Hold a garage sale or donate to charity.
3. Find out whether your employer is paying for any moving expenses.
4. Get estimates from moving companies.
- Check insurance policy to make sure possessions are covered during the move.
- Make an inventory of everything to be moved
- Collect everything you have loaned out and return everything you have borrowed
- Move valuables and computer backup to a safety deposit box
- Pack cleaning materials and tools separately
- Pack a special box with essentials you’ll need for the first few days
6. Make a list of people and organizations that you will need to notify of your move.
7. Complete change of address forms.
8. Look at schools and ay care facilities in the new area. Forward children’s school records.
9. Contact Doctors for referrals in your new area. Forward medical and dental records.
10. Contact the DMV, update insurance, license plats and auto stickers.
11. Open a bank account in your new location and change currency if necessary.
12. Cancel all newspapers and services at your previous location.
13. Schedule disconnection of utilities at your old home and connection at your new one.
14. Update your your passport.
15. Find a cleaning service that will do a final cleaning of your home.
Electric Pacific Power, 888-221-7070
Gas Avista Gas Company, 800-227-9187
Propane Surburban Propane, 541-772-5101
Propane Amerigas, 541-535-1557
Well Storage AAA Marie’s Water Delivery, 541-890-2754
Well Storage A-1 Water Supply, 541-944-7806
Phone Qwest, 800-244-1111
Phone Sprint, 800-877-7746
Cellular AT&T, 800-331-0500
Cellular US Cellular, 541-821-8722
Cable Charter Communications, 866-731-5420
Cable/Satellite Dish Network
Cable/Satellite Direct TV, 800-280-4388
Satellite Qwest Digital TV, 800-528-6188
Garbage Rogue Disposal, 541-779-4161
Newspaper Mail Tribune, 800-258-6041
Newspaper Daily Courier, 800-228-0457 ext. 130