No announcement yet.
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home Improvements That Are Not Actually Home Improvements

If you are thinking about selling your house, there’s a good chance you’ve considered upgrading your home. There are plenty of renovations that will do wonders in terms of your property’s price on the market, but there are a few that can actually have the opposite effect.

If, at one point, you installed a bunch of brightly colored tile into your living room or kitchen to add a bit more life to your home, it’s possible this is the type of renovation you may come to regret upon resale. Often times, when it comes to purchasing a home, buyers will be looking for something they won’t have to renovate right off the bat, so a flashy feature can have a marked effect on the selling potential of your house.

You’ve probably heard all about the power that painting has to revamp the look of your home, but the wrong tint of paint can actually have the completely opposite effect. Instead of opting for bright or risky colors, ensure you stick to neutrals that will coordinate in a flattering way with your furniture and flooring. A bright color can certainly make for a memorable impression, but it can also obscure many other good features if it happens to be too much.

Renovating your home is a good idea if you’re planning on putting it on the market, but there are some home improvements that may not add value to your home.

What are some improvements that you have seen that actually hurt the home's value or made the home less attractive to potential buyers?
    Mark Brian REALTOR Silver Star Real Estate Anderson SC 29621

I observed that most suppliers of property possessed qualities are less likely to agree to an offer with a check mark concurrent. Is it true?

Comment

Hi,
      If you are planning to sell a home, renovating a home is a good idea to attract potential buyers.
      Thanks markbrian for sharing the home improvement tips.

Comment

Hi,
        Caroline, I totally agree with you. To get the best home price, it is important to renovate a home and do all necessary repair.
        Thanks!!

Comment

It is very difficult to renovate the home at reasonable price.
          Last edited by Kim Knox; 02-23-2018, 12:56 PM.

Comment

I agree with you Sadia.

Comment

I recently had a Seller show me photos of the home he is now considering selling back when it was on the market when he purchased. He was so proud of the fact that he painted all of the walls stark white and got rid of the beautiful paint job the previous Owners had so lovingly selected. I could not tell him I preferred how the home looked before he took ownership and went stark white throughout. He is a surgeon, so I love the fact that he appreciates a sterile environment, LOL.
              Kim Knox
              Principal Broker, Owner, ABR, GRI, PME, A-REO, REDCpro,
              541-899-7222
              Licensed to conduct Real Estate in the State of Oregon

Comment

Home improvements are the best things that one can do as a homeowner to upgrade your home. Not only will the additions make your home more attractive and pleasant but also add value when the time comes to sell your home. There many options where you can upgrade your home, but one of my friends recently have installed a glass pool fence to increase the value of his home as he is planning to sell his home and also suggested me to pop over here to install glass fence at my place too.

Comment

I agree with u

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                  Auto-Saved
                  Smile :) Big Grin :D Frown :( Mad :mad: Stick Out Tongue :p Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Wink ;) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                  x
                  Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                  x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image

AgentLinkus Member

Collapse

markbrian Hater of Spammers and Scammers! Animal Lover yet Meat Eater, Coffee Loving, Cigarette Smoking, Heavy Metal Loving Realtor in Anderson South Carolina Find out more about markbrian

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1377 users online. 3 members and 1374 guests.

Most users ever online was 43,843 at 08:38 AM on 05-07-2014.

Working...
                  X