No announcement yet.
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying a Fixer Upper?

Do you know everything about real estate? Most buyers find something they did not know while buying a home since there's a lot to know. And what you don't know could prove to be very costly!

This is why you should consider getting an inspection when buying a home. Especially when buying a fixer-upper or a home that needs some work or updating!

You need to leverage an experienced home inspection so that you can buy a home without worrying about unknown defects or issues.

You are already thinking about getting some repairs and remodeling if you are looking at a fixer upper. Which will cost some money...

So why not spend a small amount before you purchase to ensure you will not face any extreme budget busting repairs later on?

You know the asking price when you are ready to buy a home. Figuring out your offer is important and your offer needs to include a contingency for the home inspection!

It is highly recommended you have an inspector perform an inspection, before purchasing a home. Homes that require extensive renovation should probably be marked off your list. Some problems may be so severe that you won't have the ability to live in the home until they are repaired.

There are potential problem areas to look for when viewing homes for sale so you can eliminate the money pits without paying for an inspection.

I hope all home buyers will take this advice seriously as getting a home inspection can prevent expensive repairs after you move into your new home!
    Mark Brian REALTOR Silver Star Real Estate Anderson SC 29621

Totally agree with you markbrian

Even though our State contracts now indicate that if a Buyer is waiving the inspection contingency that they are aware of the risk level of making such a decision, I still have them sign something in addition from my company to help them understand the seriousness of them waiving their right to have inspections. Afterall, it only costs $500-ish to have a full home inspection, so you might as well spend the extra money as a protection for your hard earned money!

Honestly, I bought one place I bought at a sheriff's auction and didn't have the ability to access prior to the auction, so that is the only time I have not had a home inspection. Unfortunately this home was occupied by heroin addicts that liked to bury their used needles in the walls. They even had a huge hot tub in the living room that rotted the floor! I guess it was one big weird party at that house before we bought it.

A competent home inspector is key to my clients success.
    Kim Knox
    Principal Broker, Owner, ABR, GRI, PME, A-REO, REDCpro,
    541-899-7222
    Licensed to conduct Real Estate in the State of Oregon

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Smile :) Big Grin :D Frown :( Mad :mad: Stick Out Tongue :p Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Wink ;) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image

AgentLinkus Member

Collapse

markbrian Hater of Spammers and Scammers! Animal Lover yet Meat Eater, Coffee Loving, Cigarette Smoking, Heavy Metal Loving Realtor in Anderson South Carolina Find out more about markbrian

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1634 users online. 5 members and 1629 guests.

Most users ever online was 43,843 at 08:38 AM on 05-07-2014.

Working...
    X