X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change of Ownership: Evicting Tenants After Buying a Rental Property

My question involves real estate located in the State of: Washington

Hello All,

I just found out that the property we closed on today have 2 tenants that is about 10K and 17K delinquent when is about 3 to 8 months behind on rent. Of course now that I own the property, I am left to clean up the dirty work.. wanted to know if I can evict them due to non payment since I have inherit them property now... Or do I have to wait till they missed a payment with us?

I cannot understand why this would not have discovered during your due diligence period. As a condition of sale where tenants are involved, I always ask for payment history and copy of current rental agreements.

I would suggest going and talking to the tenants. Find out why they haven't been paying, and find out if they want to continue to rent. They might have a legit reason for not paying, you never know. You could fix the situation.
    Kim Knox
    Principal Broker, Owner, ABR, GRI, PME, A-REO, REDCpro,
    541-899-7222
    Licensed to conduct Real Estate in the State of Oregon

Comment

I am in Florida and here you would have inherited the lease in place including terms. So here in florida. He would go back to when they first missed payment. But there is also a process you have to go thru with a tenant.
      Alan Plager
      Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices
      Top Ten for units US 2015
      Over 6,000 Units Sold
      Toll Free 1-888-722-2098
      Office 727- 451-8776
      Email Alan@LoveTampabay.com
      Web AlanPlager.com

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      Smile :) Big Grin :D Frown :( Mad :mad: Stick Out Tongue :p Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Wink ;) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image

AgentLinkus Member

Collapse

Anonymous Post This is the account that is posted when someone prefers to keep their identity private. This can be smart for legal or ethical posts. People who send it anonymous posts must be registered to subscribe to the post to see the responses. Find out more about Anonymous Post

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1672 users online. 8 members and 1664 guests.

Most users ever online was 43,843 at 08:38 AM on 05-07-2014.

Working...
      X