Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advertising Open Houses on Facebook

Hey everyone. I had an open house this weekend. I tried something new and thought I would share it with you.
    I advertised my open house in the local paper, and the local paper's open house directory. Craigslist, backpage, and on my website. However, this time I did something a bit different, which really provided results.

FAcebook Open House Results.jpgFacebook Open House Ad.jpg
    I posted the above Ad on facebook. I made the audience the county of the open house and the surrounding 20 mile radius. I limited the age from 35 to 65. I made it active from Friday about 12:00pm to Saturday at 12:00pm with a budget of $60.00. In the post, I gave directions to access. Then a link that would take someone directly to the page of the listing from my website. The facebook ad would be seen by everyone in their timeline who checked facebook during the period the ad was active. You can see in the attached picture that it reached 9,472 people's timelines. 15 people liked the post, and 20 people liked my facebook page because of the post (another unexpected perk). All for the low low price of $60.00. Here is a link to my facebook page so you can see the ad up close.

An average "like" on my paid advertising promoting my facebook page costs me roughly $2.00, so it is actually far more effective to get facebook page likes by advertising an open house, than in advertising your page......at least in this initial experiment.

I also copy the same post I make to my facebook page promoting the open house, and share it in local Groups as well, but the results are in addition to the 9,472 people reached.

I had a FRENZIED open house because I had roughly 60 people through in a 3 hour time period. Although a few indicated they located the home by the signs, the local paper, and craigslist, the majority found it on their timelines on Facebook. I told them that it was the first time I had tried advertising an open house that way, and they seemed to find it very useful, many had no plans of visiting an open house until POOF, it showed up on their facebook page!

I have used facebook ads to promote my business page, to promote my website, to promote free market analysis and consultations, but I found this to be the most effective way to use facebook ads so far? Anyone else have any success or failure with facebook advertising?

Thanks in advance for your feedback. If we collaborate, we don't have to learn everything from experience. =)
    Last edited by Kim Knox; 01-26-2015, 02:18 PM.
    Kim Knox
    Principal Broker, Owner, ABR, GRI, PME, A-REO, REDCpro,
    541-899-7222
    Licensed to conduct Real Estate in the State of Oregon

Hi,
    Facebook is one of the best social media platforms to promote real estate business. No doubt, facebook ad is good for open houses advertisement, but it will be more effective if integrated with traditional marketing.
    Thanks!!

Comment

Hi Caroline,
      I agree with you, Facebook is a good platform to advertise real estate business.
      Thanks for sharing the valuable information.

Comment

Interesting post Kim Knox . Let me expand it with more other open house ideas to sell house fast.
        • Bring into use the directional signs
        • Give preference to email marketing
        • Take advantage of Facebook
        • Invite people to lunch or dinner
        • Target the local buyers
        • Choose the correct radius
        • Follow up every visitor
        • Create a good first impression
        • Give importance to home staging
        • Take care of cleaning
        • Choose the right price
        • Depersonalize the property
        • Have a theme based open house
        • Donít ignore the local newspapers
        • Invite only agents to your open house
        • Consult with other agents
        • Keep the house neutrally scented
        • Create your personal property website
        • Declutter
        • Provide the neighborhood information

I have explained these all tips in a bit detail, I hope you will get a dose of open house idea. 20 open house ideas

Cheer!!

Comment

We've also found Facebook to be a great tool for spreading the word about open houses and promoting agents, especially with younger generations (like millennials) who are just getting started looking at homes. Some of the older generations still don't trust what they see online or on Facebook, but the millennials definitely take action to social media posts.

Hope this helps - Ty
          Last edited by Kim Knox; 11-20-2017, 01:40 PM.

Comment

Hi,

Over the years more than 3 billion people are engaged in facebook. The well-established marketing platform. It means your business is taken to the huge global audiences. With the help of targeting features, you can instantly reach out absolute persons.

Types of Facebook ad's
            • Photo Ad
            • Video Ad
            • Carousel Ad
            • Slideshow Ad
            • Dynamic Ads, etc
            There is absolutely no doubts that facebook marketing promotes your business globally.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
            Auto-Saved
            Smile :) Frown :( Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Embarrassment :o Wink ;) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
            x
            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
            x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image

AgentLinkus Member

Collapse

Kim Knox Principal Broker serving Jackson County Oregon. Find out more about Kim Knox

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1149 users online. 9 members and 1140 guests.

Most users ever online was 43,843 at 08:38 AM on 05-07-2014.

Working...
            X