No announcement yet.
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Social Media for older demographics

We all know that Millinials are the largest home buying age demographic and rising which tech and social media is a must! What are about older demographics?

I'm in a Beach and Resort Market --> Hilton Head Island, SC. We have a large amount of retirees, second home owners, and investers (especially with beach villas). The average age of our home buyer is 55.7 years old which brings me back to the topic... Social Media teqniques for 50+

Is anyone truely successfully deploying Social Media Compaigns targeting 50+ ? If so, any tips, tricks, or anything you'd like to share?

I've tried a wide range of techqniqes, information, methods and my overall results with the 50+ crowd are:
    • General distrust advertising they find on social media
    • Repetativeness of Brand is key to get their true attention
    • More likely to engage in phone calls touches than text campaigns (I'm leaving out email since that's so give-and-take through all ages)
    • Local events or happenings infromation has a significanlty larger engagement rate than all other postings
    • Longer page views than younger age groups
    I use analyics and find ways to improve....The two really key topics I would improve and I would love to hear from others.. Thoughts, Tips, etc...

#1 BY FAR - 50+ don't tag others, engage cross platfroms or share content as much... I would LOVE to increase their activity....

#2 Call to Actions - 50+ are somewhat distrustful of social media and feel that most call to actions are gimmicks... How can we provide a more trustworthy call to action experience for them.. They stay on the page way longer than younger ages, so we dont' have to grab them in 15 seconds or less... What are you thoughts?
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
Smile :) Big Grin :D Frown :( Mad :mad: Stick Out Tongue :p Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Wink ;) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image

AgentLinkus Member

Collapse

KCSmith KC Smith, a Veteran of the US Army and Federal Law Enforcement, relocated to the Low Country from the Northern Virginia area in 2015. Quickly KC became a valuable member throughout our local region including sitting on the Boards of multiple committees, serving as President of the Old Town Bluffton Merchant society, and multiple award recipient for the service, dedication, and commitment KC provides to clients, peers, and communities. You can regularly find KC out and about playing tennis, fishing, boating, local festivals or walking his dog Kali. With an upbeat attitude and jovial nature, KC is always a pleasure to be around; if you haven’t met him yet or would love to catch up, don’t hesitate to say hello. Find out more about KCSmith

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1401 users online. 2 members and 1399 guests.

Most users ever online was 43,843 at 08:38 AM on 05-07-2014.

Working...
X