No announcement yet.
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Simple way to get free FSBO Leads

If you are a Realtor in my local area (Jackson County Oregon), I would appreciate your disregarding this info =) I tend to share my tips and tricks, because like anything it takes time and effort and consistency to be effective. Please do the same, share your tips on AgentLinkus to help others succeed.

I have been using this as a source for leads for as long as I can remember. The best part of this tactic is that you get notified the minute new For Sale By Owner homes are posted on Craigslist, while the poster is still in front of their computer. If you do not know how to keep yourself posted on the For Sale By Owners in your craigslist area, watch this short instructional video (link will take you to it) to see what I do to set up FSBO alerts. It is simple and FREE, yet when I have brought it up to Agents as a good source of business, they have all sounded like it is unfamiliar.

One of the tricks is to IMMEDIATELY respond, as they are thinking of selling their home right at that moment. Some include their phone number, others a coded email through Craigslist, that enables you to email them when they post their home.

If you find yourself a person who is good at converting FSBO's, or if you are a buyer's agent, a great way to locate homes that are not through the MLS.

In Craigslist, you will notice that they often fill in the address of the home they are trying to sell, so I always look up in my MLS first to make sure it is not listed before I spend time on it. I find sometimes owners take it upon themselves to post, which can be a sign that they don't think their Realtor is advertising it to their satisfaction. If this is the case, we have expirations listed in MLS, so I attach a pdf of their post they are indicating as a FSBO to my calendar for the expiration date and attach the phone number they posted or send a solicitation letter to the address, or the mailing address, whichever is applicable.

Below are written instructions, but you will find the video is probably easier to follow.

FSBO leads are a great source of business! Listing Agents, it is time to start this method of getting notified of new listings that are posted on craigslist!

Go to http://www.Craigslist.org

Select your location, select "Real Estate For Sale, " located under "Housing."

You will be taken to all Real Estate For Sale in your selected area. At the top of the screen, you will see a drop down menu. The section that indicates "Real Estate For Sale" has a drop down menu. Click the down arrow and the options will display. Select "Real Estate-By Owner." Now you are left with only the Posted Real Estate that indicates they are not listed by a Broker. You will want to verify through your Local MLS to be sure.

You will see a "save search," which you will select to start getting notifications of new FSBO leads that are posted on Craigslist. At this point, if you are not logged in, you will be prompted to create an account or login to an existing account. Please verify that your account has the email address that you want notifications to be sent too.

Once logged in, save the search and select that you want notifications via email, then click "save," and you are now on the path to fast and fantastic FSBO leads.

You can instantly respond to their posting in the method they indicate as their preferred method of contact, and/or you can send them a solicitation mailing.

From Craigslist, FSBO leads often enter the address of the Listing they are posting. In that case, you can just search public records, and mail to the location indicated through the tax assessor.

Quick and easy. FSBO Leads are awesome. You might be searching for FSBO leads as a Listing Agent or locating a purchase for a Buyer Client. Regardless, this is useful for business.

This FSBO lead method serves a purpose for both listing and selling agents. I suggest immediate contact, I can often catch people while still at their computers, while still focused on the task of selling their home.

Please post your questions or comments below, and pay it forward. Share your best tips and tricks.
    Last edited by Kim Knox; 01-29-2018, 06:49 PM. Reason: Craigslist FSBO, Craigslist For Sale By Owner, FSBO leads, Free Leads
    Kim Knox
    Principal Broker, Owner, ABR, GRI, PME, A-REO, REDCpro,
    541-899-7222
    Licensed to conduct Real Estate in the State of Oregon

To see a larger video, I noticed the embedded video below is kind of small. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUv68voXJzw&t=56s

Please post your questions and comments below. If you post them on Youtube, I will not notice.
    Kim Knox
    Principal Broker, Owner, ABR, GRI, PME, A-REO, REDCpro,
    541-899-7222
    Licensed to conduct Real Estate in the State of Oregon

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Smile :) Big Grin :D Frown :( Mad :mad: Stick Out Tongue :p Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Wink ;) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image

AgentLinkus Member

Collapse

Kim Knox Principal Broker serving Jackson County Oregon. Find out more about Kim Knox

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1634 users online. 5 members and 1629 guests.

Most users ever online was 43,843 at 08:38 AM on 05-07-2014.

Working...
    X